Thursday, January 7, 2016

White Pines Twinkle - Single page layout

Leading up to Christmas I was so busy & run off my feet I could barely keep my eyes open... I would usually fall asleep most nights after work on the couch :(   Thankfully I had some time off during the Christmas holidays to clean up my craft space and get working on some pages.  Plus post my photos from the Crop class I prepared and ran back in November.   

So... let's get started....when CTMH originally previewed the white pines paper packet I zoned in on the usual red's (my fav colour) paper...but once I started playing with the paper I was keen on using the one blue side...with the new Peacock blue colour & of course....some glitter/gold.   

Can you see that chevron gold pattern... I decided to run the peacock yardstick through the big shot with the chevron embossing folder... then lightly dabbed the raised part of the yardstick with versamark...then sprinkled the gold embossing powder on the cardstock and tapped off the excess...heat...and wallah!!!  You've made your own gold paper....the great thing about this technique is  you could have it as light or heavy as you wanted.   

The class was a success and everyone walked away happy... I was even told I was a very patient teacher :)  I thought this was funny seems I'm normally not patient with most things in life... but I know when I do a class I like to not feel rushed.  Sorry the photos have some glare on them... 
I placed them in pocket pages to protect them at the crop event.

***If you like this paper packet it is now on sale - contact me for more info or to place an order***

Supplies used are all CTMH:
Paper:  White Pines Paper, Colonial White, Peacock Kraft Cardstock
Stamps: Twinkle S1510, Handwritten Print E1030
Embellishments: Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder Z2066,  Versamark Z891, Gold Sequins Z2012, Gold shimmer trim Z1985, Embossing folder Chervon Z1925, Peacock Ink
Other:  3D foam tape, 1 3/8" circle punch, micro snip scissors

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment